Sunday, August 24, 2008
Jesus Freaks
This afternoon I was reading the book "Jesus Freaks" by DC Talk and I really think that it would be an awesome book for our group to not necessarily read together, but be reading. There are so many stories in it, stories of triumph for Christ. The book has seemingly thousands of scripture references.
One verse in particular hit me. I love the story in the bible, but this particular verse sticks out. The verse is from 1 Kings 18:21 and is spoken by Elijah. He says to the people, "How much longer will it take you to make up your minds? If the Lord is God, worship Him; but if Baal is God, worship Him!" Wow. I feel like I can never make up my mind. So maybe that is a prayer request, that I would know that the LORD is God, and that I would worship Him. But it is also a challenge to all of us. May we know that the LORD is GOD, and together worship Him.
If you are interested in the book you can certainly borrow it from me, but if you wish to buy a copy, here is a link to get it for just a couple of bucks.
Jesus Freaks
I also liked this quote from Mother Teressa, "We weren't called to be successful, we were called to be faithful".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment