One of the men we met and spent time with in Jordan is Faisal Saidi. We have exchanged e-mails several times since we returned. He sent me a nice PowerPoint about Muslim fast of Ramadan. I felt led to join him by fasting on Tuesdays during this month. I want to share with our group what I e-mailed him this evening.
Dear Friends,
Today I fasted and prayed to draw nearer to God. I read in a book this morning "If we cooperate with God in loving obedience, God will manifest himself to us, and that manifestation will be the difference between a nominal Christian life and a life radiant with the light of God's face." I pray you will know God's light in special way as you fast this Ramadan.
I have also attached a picture I took this evening of the beautiful crescent moon.
I also am sending a picture of me building the treehouse with our friend's son Ian. He is almost 3 years old.
Grace and peace to you,
Michael Huster
Please pray for my ministry to Faisal. The reading was from A. W. Tozer's The Pursuit of God. I took and sent the picture of the moon because the first sighting of the crescent moon determines the beginning of the month.
No comments:
Post a Comment